Final Route Map, SF, CA - Montauk, NY

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

T -3 days

Five days since I left my kitty in Brooklyn, 3 day left until I start the tour.

Yesterday Emily and I drove down California's central valley from SF to LA. I watched the progression of mountains to the east, knowing that in a couple more days, I'll have the opportunity to climb them. Eep.

It was a bright, sunny, beautiful day for the entire drive until we got into Las Angeles. There, we were met by a wall of grey overcast+smog and the temp felt like it dropped about 15 degrees. And then, later in the evening, it started to rain a bit on us. If that's how LA feels about my presence, fine. According to the weather forecast, the overcast will break tomorrow morning, right around when we are planning on leaving. That's fine, SF will have nice weather again for me when I get back there.

I'm starting to get more excited/nervous about the trip. I had a very hard time sleeping last night because of spare excited energy. I think that energy will get consumed by the actual biking once that starts

Ok, i'm off to throw crap into a tar pit just to watch it sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment