Final Route Map, SF, CA - Montauk, NY

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mile 0.0

It is now 7:30 am (pacific time) on April 30th 2010. I'm typing from the comfort of my Uncle Jim's air mattress in San Fransisco. I will shortly be getting up, taking my last warm shower for who knows how long and enjoying a nice hearty breakfast.

Then it begins.

My plan in SF is to ride unloaded across town from where my uncle lives in Potrero Hill, take some of the awesome bike lanes this city provides, including The Wiggle, through Golden Gate Park to Baker Beach. There, Emily and Jim will meet me with my panniers, take a picture or two of Penny at the Pacific Ocean, then load up, and go up across the Golden Gate Bridge. I would like to make it through to Davis today, though that might be a little ambitious. It totally depends on how long it takes me to get out of SF.

Ok, kids. It's on.

Oh, also, I got a toy that should help me in my journey yesterday. I got a droid. I can now use that as wifi for my laptop wherever I get cell reception which means I;ll be able to blog from most anywhere in my trip. Woohoo, more fun for you.

Time to get this party rolling.

1 comment: