Final Route Map, SF, CA - Montauk, NY

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mile 2471.0 - Time off in the twin cities

Days 33 – 35 were all spent within the Minneapolis metro area. I spent Tuesday night with John and Shelley again, then Wednesday and Thursday nights I stayed with Cynthia in her new apartment. She moved in so recently, in fact, that all her stuff was in the living room and I got to help prime the walls of her bedroom. The previous occupants had decorated the room with some poorly executed graffiti, and it took a couple coats of primer to make sure it wouldn’t sneak through the paint that was to go on. On the ride between the friends’ respective places, I swung by the Minnesota State Capitol building, don’cha know.

I offered to make dinner for Cynthia and her three housemates, so Cynthia took me down to The Wedge, the local food co-op. That place was fantastic, and totally where I would do my shopping if I lived nearby. I may have been showing off slightly, I made crepes layered with vegetables and cheese then rolled up along with a quinoa salad and my favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts. I know they aren’t in season for another 3-4 months, but they taste so good.

Cynthia lives almost directly between the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and the Walker Sculpture Garden, so on Thursday I went to both.

There’s not a whole lot else of interest to report from these days, other than I continue to be impressed with the bike culture + infrastructure of the Twin Cities, yet I still saw cyclists on the sidewalk. Sidewalks are only for pedestrians, everyone is safer that way.

Days 33-35, Roseville, MN – Minneapolis MN
29.1 miles in 2:11:44. New trip totals: 2471.0 miles in 209:55:31 and a high speed of 29.1mph

No comments:

Post a Comment